Child minding at YOW! 2016 Conference
The child minding at YOW! 2016 Conference for children aged 0-4 years old is coordinated by YOW! Australia and supported by Charlton Brown, one of Australia’s largest and most recognised Nanny Service Agencies.
Is child minding available throughout the whole conference?
Yes, child minding will be available during the formal conference sessions, morning/afternoon breaks and mealtimes. It will open at 7.30AM and will close at 5.30PM on both days of the conference.
How many children can we care for?
Up to eight (8) children from 0 to 4 years old will be cared for by two (2) qualified professional nannies. Registration for child minding is essential to ensure that the correct ratio of carers to children is maintained at all times.
How much does the service cost?
YOW! has combined with sponsors in each city to provide this service at a heavily subsidised rate for conference attendees. This means that the cost for the service is only $20 a day. Before registering your child, please read the information below.
What is required of you as a parent booking the service?
- Pre-register for each day that you want to use the service.
- Preparation - pack everything your child needs for a full day (more details on the list below*).
- On arrival - Please make sure you allow enough time for your child to settle in before you leave for conference sessions.
- Introduce yourself and your child, their habits and any important information that the carers should know for the day.
- Use the sign-in / sign-out sheet - only parents and authorized carers nominated on the registration form will be permitted to collect children from the service.
- Please keep your phone with you on vibrate during the conference. We need to be able to contact you during the conference for emergencies or if we are unable to settle your child.
- Carers are not allowed to administer medication so you will need to administer this yourself. Please be aware that we cannot cater in any specialised way for children with life-threatening conditions such as anaphylaxis or asthma.
- Please let us know if you are running late or decide not to bring your children. Failure to notify us of changes might cause unnecessary disruption to the service.
- If your child is running a fever or suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea, please do not bring them to the child minding service.
Do you need to pack food?
Yes. For space and security reasons we are unable to provide food to children, so please make sure to pack all food and drinks that your child will need including snacks and drinks. All food and drinks need to be labelled with your child's name.
Will you be able to visit your child in between sessions and breaks?
Yes. You are welcome to visit your child at anytime during the conference.
What will your child be doing while they are being cared for?
The nannies will organise a range of age appropriate activities including drawing, painting, playdough, singing and other visual art activities.
How to register?
In addition to registering online - following the registration button below - please bring with you on the day this completed Charlton Brown Registration Form. You can also choose to email it to us in advance.
Please make sure to label everything you bring in:
- All food and drinks that your child will need, including snacks.
- Bottles, if applicable, with milk, formula or expressed milk.
- Nappies, wipes and cream organised in a bag. Additional plastic bags for disposing of dirty nappies would be appreciated.
- Change of clothes.
- Water bottle.
- Comfort items.
- A Bib.
- Stroller or pram for your child to sleep in, if applicable.
- Dummies if applicable.
- The completed Charlton Brown Registration Form (for more info see the 'How to register' section above).
If you have any other questions, please send them to email@example.com